Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Steve Jobs Takes A Temporary Medical Leave From Apple

Apple CEO Steve Jobs sent a letter to all of the Apple employees telling them he will be taking a temporary leave of absence for unknown medical reasons.

In a letter that Jobs sent to his staff, he explains that he needs time away from the company to focus more on his family and his health. Steve Jobs will still be the Apple CEO and is not officially stepping down from Cupertino based company, but he has given Apple COO, Tim Cook, temporary control of the company.

Team,

At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple’s day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.

I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.

Steve

This isn’t the first time that Steve Jobs has stepped down from the company for medical reasons, in 2009 the Apple CEO underwent a liver transplant.

No comments:

Post a Comment